Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Learing Directions ----->


Today we all meet in the gym to learn how to read a compass. At first I was really nervous to do this because I think of myself as a bit directionally challenged. When we arrived at the gym we went over the different parts of the compass and I found it to be quite easy. Then we all had different paths that we had to take in order to figure out the code. Once I completed the task I was very surprised because I did it correctly. We then all got maps and separated into groups to find different marks around the school. This was actually a lot of fun and I think everyone had a great time doing it. Now that I have competed this, this is something that I could see myself doing with my students. The explanations were not hard and I believe that it is something that is manageable for a range of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment